Software Engineer Intern
Welcome, students! Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Software Engineer Intern for the WB Games NY Studio. As a Software Engineer Intern at WB Games NY (a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), you will be working primarily on our online game services platform called “Hydra Studio”, in addition to some other internal technologies. Preference will be given to spring 2020 co-op students but we will consider summer intern applicants as well.
You will be responsible for writing code behind very complex data processing and presentation tools that integrate tightly with some of the industry's biggest game franchises. You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, and business specialists to expand the Hydra platform.
We are looking for a candidate with the ability to quickly learn new platforms. We use many different technologies within Hydra, and while we don’t expect you to know them all coming in, we need a candidate who can quickly learn and be proficient with them!
- Your assigned project(s) will be a real-world problem that needs to be solved. Your work will make a lasting impact on the services we offer to our players!
- You will work with a mentor, who will guide you in designing, maintaining and refactoring our online services that meet the needs of our clients. This could be anything from helping to write new features, to fixing bugs
- You will get to collaborate with several engineers, account managers, and QA to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of our platform.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Able to work fulltime hours for the duration of your internship
- Co-ops are also welcome!
- Able to read and write software in Python or some other general-purpose programming language
- Recommended understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals
- Recommended experience using and/or creating APIs
- Recommended experience with databases (NoSQL experience is a plus, since we primarily use MongoDB, RedisDB, and ElasticSearch)
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, startup-like environment
- Interest in working on-site at our office in Troy, NY
Perks and Advantages
An open and collaborative work space
We value a good work-life balance
Work on some of the most popular IP in the video game industry
Technologies we use
Operating systems: Linux, Windows, OS X
Databases: MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
Frameworks: Rails, Node.js
Miscellaneous: SaltStack, Git, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Munin, Sensu, Sentry