Associate Producer/Technical Account Manager
WB Games Inc. seeks an Associate Producer/Technical Account Manager for the WBG New York studio to assist WBNY technical account managers and engineers with specific tasks in support of the online service development cycle. This is a long term temp position.
Candidates should have foundational project management skills and an understanding of the development cycle that includes overall organization, processes and workflows. Candidate should also have a technical or engineering background, as our products are built by engineers, for engineers. You will need to be able to understand, and explain, our products to our technical clients.
This is a great position for someone with a strong background in technology, but with aspirations and strong skill sets in production or project management.
- Become an expert in our backend service product, Hydra. Train yourself to become knowledgeable on the Hydra Studio platform, leveraging the customer requirements associated with your accounts, and the guidance of your assigned WBNY mentor. This is the foundational piece of this position. You can’t fulfill your other job requirements without expert knowledge of our API and services.
- Provide direct technical support for those customers (development teams) associated with your account(s).
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed. Address all account-related queries on time.
- Participate in technical conference calls associated with your account(s). Take good notes and see through any relevant action items.
- Assist customers associated with your account(s) to use the Hydra Studio platform effectively.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of game launches associated with your accounts. Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to, assisting with quality assurance, API reviews, and load testing.
- Participate in the monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting specific to any live development or on-call support cases for those games associated with your account(s).
- Work directly with the WBNY technical account management group (Executive Producer and Account Managers) to facilitate any miscellaneous tasks or action items deemed a priority based on active account development.
- Experience building or using a REST API or other web services is a plus
- A foundational knowledge of some project management principles including project scoping, schedule, work breakdown structures, task tracking, project communication, status reporting, risk management, testing and quality management.
- Ability to communicate concepts, verbally or in written format, to other disciplines and interact with others as necessary to facilitate the completion of deliverables.
- Ability to document meeting outcomes/decisions and set up and track tasks in the studio’s chosen software. Developing ability to create game documentation for review.
- Some familiarity with estimating time and requirements for deliverables.
- Basic proficiency with business communication tools such as email, messaging tools, internal Wikis, and applicable applications in the MS Office suite
- Some familiarity with task and bug tracking software packages (e.g. Jira).
- General understanding of game development disciplines and their inputs into online service development.
Perks and Advantages
Company-matching 401(k) program
Medical, dental, and vision programs for you and your dependents
Free games, discounts, and other employee benefits provided by Warner Bros.
An open and collaborative work space
We value a good work-life balance
Work on some of the most popular IP in the video game industry
Technologies we use
Operating systems: Linux, Windows, OS X
Databases: MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
Frameworks: Rails, Node.js
Miscellaneous: SaltStack, Git, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Munin, Sensu, Sentry